VEX Design Challenge

Entry: Tipping the Scales

Challenge Summary

Create an animated video that shows and explains a new VEX Robotics Competition game.

Entry Detail

Teams will need to score on floor goals or the two balance goals on the field. They will be scoring with cubes of various masses positioned on a two-story pyramid, with the larger masses higher on the pyramid. If the slate of a balance for one alliance goes down over a marker, they obtain bonus points.

Entry Files

• Tipping the Scales
    Tipping the Scales
    file type: JPEG Image (image/pjpeg)
    file name: VEX Animation Logo.jpg
    file size: 276.26 kb
    download file
    (right click, save as)
  • Tipping The Scales - Be sure to watch in HD!
    file type: YouTube Video (youtube)
    file URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-YIGQkrpiY

User Details

QuantumGank
Team Number: 917A
Challenge Entries: 2 entries

Entry Voting

you must login to vote

3rd Place

User Comments (3)

• page:
  • unlinked account
    01-13-2013 12:29 PM
    @DarkStar, I think the difference is in the production quality of the video. Even though I favor the Capture the Flag idea more this video is much better in the way it was made. I dont believe it is anything having to do with sabotaging like in the promote award section where the average ranking is in the 40s due to low votes. Both games are good but try to use for resources and you're game idea would have almost a perfect score.
    01-12-2013 10:21 PM
    Ha ha I love the intro. This game seems really interesting. The scales are very cool, there hasn't been anything like them in a VEX game before. Having scoring elements that are hard to reach is also a nice idea. I admire the attempt at making the tiles look like their real-life counterparts but I don't know that it helps the animation. The teeth on are too big and only the starting tiles are distinguished, which looks a bit odd. All of the robots are unique and cool but it's impossible to tell what teams they're on. I like the texture on the cube, more of that would've been nice. I know making people is really hard, and the fact that you did is great, but they're a bit blocky. I have to say the animation for the ref was pretty well done, though. This animation aimed high, and even though it could be improved in a few areas, it's still very well done. Good luck!
  • DarkStar
    01-12-2013 10:05 PM
    It's interesting how you keep getting more positive votes and I keep getting downvoted. Just a very curious subject.
  • login to comment.
    page: